Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Flowers and greenery

Howdy from Oz,

I thought I would post some pictures of our area so you could see how pretty it is. Right now, there are some beautiful flowers in bloom and as I walked down to the shops today, I shot a few pictures. This is about a 2.5 block area, so not very much to have so many beautiful flowers and trees...even the McDonalds is prettily landscaped!

Mackies, as the Aussies call it, is landscaped and has palm trees and all sorts of greenery surrounding it. They have some typical McDonalds food but they also have others, like a mud muffin. I have not had one yet, but I hear they are a chocolate muffin that many people order with the coffee for brekky (breakfast).


These flowers below are ones that I pass on my way to the bus stop or the shops. They smell lovely and are just so gorgeous right now. The one below is a shrub with pretty pink flowers.
There are purple flowers in bloom everywhere right now, this is in front of the Catholic Church down the street.
This whole tree looks like on big petunia tree. I am not sure what it is, but I love them. They are all over our neighborhood.

This succulent plant is big and beautiful. We always called this a "Wandering Jew" but I have never seen one this big.
This is actually in my front yard by the stairs. A bromeliad maybe?
More purple....
Pretty yards...


I have some rose bushes in my front year as well but they are not in bloom...in fact, I have no clue when I should trim them or expect them to bloom...my seasons are all confused since we are now in Autumn.

I also plan to do a post of pictures of the campus. The campus is green and lush and is like going to school in a rain forest.

It is a beautiful place, I cannot deny it!

3 comments:

  1. Unless I'm mistaken, the "Wandering Jew" is actually "Hens and Chicks". Or, maybe you mean the plant in the background, which looks like sedum...maybe. Anyhoo, I'm loving all your photos and Aussie info. - Melenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm with Melenie on that one. I LOVE all the flowers, though, sounds just lovely. I hope they are in bloom when I come for a visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melenie--You are right, hens and chicks...where did I get wandering Jew from? No idea!?!

    Lindsey--Can't wait for you to come!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks and Gig 'em!